Auburn Psychological Wellness Center (APWC) is hiring a part-time office administrative assistant to support our multi-disciplinary mental health practice, located in Auburn, AL. Number of hours per week and specific schedule are negotiable. APWC is a culturally responsive practice. Prospective applicants should be committed to cultivating a professional, inclusive, and growth-promoting atmosphere for clients and colleagues.
Job duties include:
- Front office reception: check in clients; answer calls, emails, or other messages; client scheduling; etc;
- Billing Assistance: patient invoices, insurance checks and updates, etc;
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality, pursuant to HIPAA and other laws relevant to healthcare facilities;
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele;
- Marketing Assistance: Initiate and/or maintain marketing, social media presence, or other relevant forms of community interaction, etc;
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants with experience in insurance billing and/or medical technician tasks are especially encouraged to apply. Additional hours may be available for tasks such as:
- Insurance: submit claims, process insurance remittance, complete prior authorization requests, follow up on denied claims.
- Medical Technician: measure and record patient weight/ blood pressure, conduct initial patient screenings for psychiatry evaluation & management appointments, assist with medication refills, and complete prior authorization for medications, all as directed by medical staff.
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about working with APWC before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com